Recently I heard that one of my best friends may be getting her dream job. This made me think about myself and my dream job.
Growing up I had so many friends that had so many dreams of what they wanted to do and be as adults and I would always stay quiet about what my true desires were. I truly desired to be a wife and a mom but stayed silent because I feared my dream would not be accepted. It was not until college that I finally stopped caring about acceptance and started sharing my heart's desire with those around me. College for me was not to become a more educated person like it is for most people, it was to waste time until God brought the right person into my life. When people used to ask me what degree I wanted, I would reply a M.R.S degree and smile.
I knew deep inside above degrees and even a family that God wanted my heart to be all His and to make Him my first Love. I decided that's what I wanted too and shortly after God brought Victor and I together.
I am continually reminded that God is to be my first Love and that is something I've been trying to keep at the forefront of my mind as life has gotten busier.. I want to always make time for my first Love for He is the one that gave me my dream job and loves me more than I can comprehend. Thank You Lord for Loving me and thank you for my family!
3 comments:
God is our first love...I so often get distracted with life that I to forget the one who gave me life, my family and all that I have. Great post Kim...its something we need to remember everyday, to make Jesus the ultimate love of our life. Thanks for the encouragement!
I wish I knew you in person Kim. So many times you say things that seem like you describing me.
:)
Post a Comment