Friday, August 22, 2008

Small Details..

Growing up I was always taught that God cares about the details of our lives.. but it wasn't until I was friends with Natalie Condron (at that time she was Natalie Gagliano) that I learned through her that God cares about not only the big details but the small details of our lives.

So with this in mind I was thinking about my Keloid Scars and that there seemed to be no good options as to how to get rid of them.. Cortisone shots were expensive and didn't help other's that I know that have tried them.. cutting it out would only make another one twice the size appear, and I was told that laser treatment doesn't work on them...so I decided to ask God if He would do something about them but I also was ok with not having anything happen because it wasn't really important compared to things we would consider as important..

Well I am so excited to share that somebody told me about some silicone sheets that helped reduce the appearance of their big scar and it helped them so much that their scar is hardly noticible..so, i thought hey it's worth a try and purchased some(acutally my awesome husband did the hard task of finding them and he bought them). I'm not supposed to see results for at least 3 months but it's been a month and honestly I can tell that my scars are flatter and lighter..Yay!! I am so glad that God cares even about the small details of our lives.. God is good :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Can you leave a brand name? I'd love to look them up. Years ago our burn patients often scarred up really badly. The Jobst garments were a pain, and may not have been that helpful.
~Beck's Mom~

Kim Tostada said...

Sure :) Glad to help.

We got the silicone patches at the drugstore CVS. It's just called Scar Treatment silicone sheets and it's the CVS brand. You have to ask for them in the pharmacy section.

I hope this will be able to help more people :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks mucho!
~Beck's Mom~