A few months ago I had a conversation with some friends about demon possession. One friend asked why we don't see it today like other cultures do. I replied that I really think it's all around us but I think we don't recognize it because our society has wrapped it's mind around physchology so much that we have a logical answer for everything. Therefore leaving no room for the spiritual realm of things.
I've had a couple encounters this last year with some people that would probably be labeled "schzophrenic" but I really believed them to be demon possessed. I know this is not the most sociably acceptable topic.... and I'm not saying that mental illness doesn't exist but what I am saying is that demon possession exists just as much as mental illness. My reasoning for thinking that these people i've encountered are demon possesed is because my Spirit is stirred inside of me well before a word comes out of their mouths and usually the words that come out of their mouths are confirmation of what I was already sensing.
I'm sensitive to this first because I have the Holy Spirit but also because I grew up in a house where my grandmother was into demonic activity. I don't talk about this stuff often but I think it's important to recognize that yes this stuff does exist and it is around more than people would like to acknowledge. I write this not to scare anyone but more as a call to open our eyes to truth.
The other side of this truth is that if you have the Holy Spirit then He is our protector. Our confidence should be found in Him and our hearts should hurt for those that do not have the Spirit of God in them. I pray the reality of the spirtual realm of evil that exists around us would cause us to pray more, draw near to God, and be alert as we seek to live our lives for Jesus.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
did the lady at church remind you of this? it made me think of this too.
actually, yes she did. It's funny cause I feel if the wrong person were to read this they would think it's probably wrong of me to say that.. But since you asked.. yes she did.. much like others I have encountered.
I totally agree with you. There was a ton a demonic activity at my grandparents house when I was growing up, so I am very sensitive to it. I can tell when someone is possessed and when I walk into a place that has a demonic presence, I can feel it immediately. I don't talk about it much either, but it's reality. Just because we can't see the spiritual realm, doesn't mean we should ignore it.
Hi Kim,
Just wondering when your baby is due.
Hope you are all doing well.
Becky
hey...i believe you! here in my country (the Philippines) a lot of demonic activities has been covered up with the socially acceptable term "mental illness" and that is why unbelievers are so easily drawn into demon inspired activities that lead to them being possessed...
Post a Comment