Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Technology: Friend or Foe?

Lately I've been sick of technology and the war I find myself in. Don't get me wrong I acknowledge that technology can be a good thing because it can help us to connect with others, update people on what is going on in our lives and help us to get things done easier and quicker. On the other hand I find that things like video games, internet, t.v shows, and the cell phone (in my case) hinder me from more important things like spending time with God and my family. I think technology can be a good friend if I can carefully set boundaries on how much of it I will allow in a day.... but lately it's been my foe and I am deciding to ask God to help me with this new disipline of not allowing technology to out weigh the time I spend with Him and my fam. Anyone with me?

2 comments:

Happy said...

Kim,
Is this a reaction to our conversation and us hanging out with you guys yesterday ;) I kinda agree about technology being a distraction from God and other important things in life. Yet it is important as followers of Christ to use it to further the Kingdom.I still agree with you and you have recognized its something you need to work on, which in itself is a great thing. Rock on sister...

Kim Tostada said...

Happy,
Watching you guys on Tuesday night was pretty funny :) I totally agree that it's a great tool for the furthering of God's Kingdom and I would even say that some people use it to grow themselves in our Lord.

I know that I don't use it for anything but things I consider to be good.. so I guess it's kinda of like our other conversation about ministry. Ministry can be great but it can also hinder your relationship w/ God and family. It's all about priorities :)

By the way, Victor and I enjoyed our time with you guys.. Thanks for the comment and God bless!