Have you ever met a person who claims to be both a control freak and a Christian? I know I have. So this whole concept has bothered me for a while because here is my logic.. As Christians we are to surrender ourselves to God and His will (a.k.a control). This process starts the moment you decide to be a follower of Jesus Christ. We "die" to our flesh. Yet I know it's a common thing to find ourselves as Christians in a constant state of surrendering new and old things over to God but at least the process is taking place and as time passes it should get to be more habit forming in the life of a Christian.
My problem is with those that claim (or who are without claiming it) extremely controlling and a "Christian" as well. I think to myself... Really? Can the two coexist? In my opinion.. I don't think so. If you want to control every aspect of your life continually... how in the world can you claim that you have given your life to God? I don't think you can.
This is just one of those topics that I never really talk to people about but I do think about.. Any thoughts?
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.' Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will do this and that.' But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil. Therefore, the one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin."
There's a distinct difference, I feel, in planning your life in submission to God and attempting to control your own life.
Thanks for the comment :)
Post a Comment