For the longest time I used to dream about having the "American Dream".. You know, owning your own home, perfectly decorating it w/ matching furniture that suited my taste, having the amazing yard, and the white picket fence w/ the dog, blah , blah, blah........
I have come to a place now where I am seeing the world through new lenses.. Although we rent a small place, most of our furniture has been given to us, and there is no prospect for our circumstances to change any time soon (if ever) I can say with the upmost honesty that I am finally content and I see that we have sooo much to be grateful for.
In fact compared to the rest of the world we are filthy rich.. We have a nice warm home, food at our finger tips, furniture, an abundance of clothing, 2 cars,and really we have all our needs met and then some. I don't understand how in the past I could think that wasn't enough.. but truth be told I did.
This post is not to judge those who have hopes of having some of the above mentioned things but rather it's a praise that in my own journey God has done an amazing work in my heart of confirming that those things that I so desired don't mean anything in terms of eternity and that living for eternal things is what is going to count forever in my future.
Bottom line, ETERNITY IS WHAT COUNTS and so many times I forget to have that perspective....I pray that God would continually give me the grace to be content in whatever circumstance He places us in.
1 Timothy 6:6-9
"Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction."
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment