So lately I've been running into mom's or hearing about mom's that are struggling with post pardom depression. I myself struggled with this last year a little while after Matthew was born. Now, I never saw a professional that diagnosed me with this ( I was too afraid to get that kind of help and I knew I would not harm myself or my baby) but I know by the symptoms that I had that I had the classic signs of post pardom depression. Unfortunatly I didn't know anybody else who had gone through this and so my only trusted source at the time was Victor. I must have struggled with it for at least 5 or 6 months. I would cry often about it and pray that the Lord would deliver me from the deep and awful feeling that it brought to me. It made me even question if I was right spiritually with God. Well finally it left me and the freedom I felt was wonderful. I was afraid that after I had Rachel I would have to deal with the same thing again.. but thank the Lord for His goodness and that I havn't had to deal with it. I've felt so good and joyful and I know it's only by God's grace that I can say this. So I'm writing about this first to say that if any mom out there is struggling with this, my heart goes out to you.. but it doesn't end there.. God can and still does hear us and He will come through for us as we seek Him.
I recently read these verses in 2nd Corinthians 1:3-7 which say
" Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer; and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also are you sharers of of our comfort"
After reading these verses I really felt that all that I went through was worth it because now I can reach out and comfort other mom's who are going through this in a way that I couldn't before I went through it myself. I can already see God using me in this area and it is bringing me so much joy to be able to encourage others. Thank You Lord for turning somethings awful into something good.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment