Monday, October 22, 2007

Insecurities and Lies

So my post on "my dorky self" really got me thinking about insecurites that I grew up with as a child, teen, that led into my adult life. I feel like God has been shedding light in my heart this week about where those really came from and His desire to remove those from me. I can't write too much detail about specifics but I can say talking out my life with a close friend this weekend helped me realize how much my insecurities are wrapped up in demonic lies that were constantly attacking me hard at one point in my life (and obviously they find ways to try and come back) . I got confirmation of that with Dave's message this Sunday and I couldn't help but cry.. I can't even remember the last time I cried on a Sunday morning... But the message hit me hard because it made me realize that I have been deceived for many years by someone I care for very much (no, it's not Victor)... but what made me even sadder is the deception in that person's life that they are blinded to. I thank God for that revelation because it has helped me make sense of confusing things in my life and feel the freedom to move on in God's truth and see myself as He sees me and it has given me a heart to pray for that influential person in a new way.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

that WAS a powerful thought, wasn't it? (sunday's message) that coupled with the women's retreat message saturday (don't know if you went...) about thinking on what's True. That was really helpful for many of us because too many times we focus on things that aren't REALLY true... you know, things like "I'm a failure" or "I look dorky in these glasses"...
:o)
always nice reading your posts, Kim!

Kim Tostada said...

I would have to agree that I thought sunday's message was powerful.. I'm bumbed I missed the women's retreat but I felt like the conversation I had w/ my friend on Saturday evening may have been a good substitue. It's so good for us to get together and encourage each other....Thanks for sharing your thoughts Brooke!!!