I share this because I feel like Christians have become afraid to talk about Hell and just want to talk about God's love and grace. Believe me I love that about our faith but I also believe we are not loving people if we can't tell them about Hell and the truth of their destiny if they don't have Jesus Christ in their lives. I think that we should be more concerned about telling truth in a loving way then trying to skim over parts of truth to try and not offend. I rather love and offend then to never offend at all.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Hell and Love
Today I was thinking about Hell and a conversation I had in high school with my atheist history teacher. I remember one day he asked me if I thought he was going to Hell and I said yes if he didn't change and acknowledge that he needed Jesus in his life. I remembered that he said I was judging him. I told him that I was actually loving him because I was willing to tell him truth and not pretend that he was going to be ok without Jesus. That was a wonderful moment for me to share truth in love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thats so true...when I first got saved I think the fact that I was going to hell without Jesus was what first got me saved. I think we need to tell people the truth. I think if we actually realized how bad it was we would be screaming the truth so loudly.
Post a Comment