I know there are many women who go through this on a Sunday morning for reasons that vary like being single, or having a hubby whose job takes up his Sunday morning or even having a non believing husband.. etc.. I have more compassion now for those women.. The awkward and ironic part of this whole situation for me is that my husband is at church weekly before I even get there. Obviously since he works at church he needs to be there early. So it's not that my husband is not at church or can't be there, it's that he IS there and we can't leave together because of his work schedule vs. our kids schedule. I completely understand the need for him to be there.. but I can't help but think about what a Sunday morning would look like if I had his help at home, or even getting the kids from the car to the nursery together.. It never crossed my mind that Pastor's wives who have young kids have so much to do on a Sunday morning (or whatever day they attend church) until I became a Pastor's wife.
It's funny because I think many people have the idea that a pastor's wife is to do some type of ministry(not a bad thing) but I say more than that, we need to be ministered to in many ways. Being a Pastor's wife can be an unseen, demanding job in many ways. I've just listed one here.
Any thoughts??
6 comments:
My only thought is... I staaaand, I staaaand, in awe of youuuuu!!!
that's funny :) Beck, you put a smile on my face just now with that comment. I know it's by God's grace that i'm able to to that.
wow... totally agree. My father was the equivalent to what a pastor is in our church and i saw what my mother (and we 4 kids) had to do to accomodate his schedule, his odd hours, the people who needed him night and day...
I remember, as teenagers and our family could only afford one car, it was ALOT of sitting around, waithing for dad while he was having an elders meeting or doing a sheparding call.
I feel for you, too, because when I was pregnant with all of mine, Tom was working almost night and day in Valencia and was not around really... that was an incredibly tough time.
HEY- I have an idea! You call me on your cell Sunday morning, like, as you're driving to church and I'll get there at the same time & same side of the p.lot and I'll help you get down to the nursery!! What do you think??? I LOVE that idea! It's going to get more challenging- the more pregnant you become... please say you will! :o)
you don't know me but i was really touched by your post. I am not a pastor's wife but i feel so much empathy for you, and others like Bea, Marilee, etc, etc.
God does chose special women to be pastors wives and i hope that some of your friends (like Brooke) will come alongside and minister to you, especially on Sundays.
btw, Victor is my favorite Worship Leader. Shhhh... don't tell Ron
Brooke,
I will take you up on that offer. I just have to find that little card that you gave me. I'll be sure to find it by sunday.. Thanks so much!
Anonymous,
I'm glad that God used this post in ways that I could not have foreseen. Thank you for your kind words as well.
Don't worry I won't tell Ron. Victor is my favorite worship leader too ;)
Post a Comment