I don't know about you but I've always told people that God is my protector. Last week I realized that I say that a lot but those words were challenged when Victor left for a few days for a Hume retreat. The first day he was gone I was resting in my living room while the kids were asleep and I was startled by somebody jerking at my front gate. I figured I locked the gas man out or something like that but when I opened my front door I was surprised to see a guy with long hair standing there. I asked him if I could help him and he looked as though he was trying to think of something to say. He did say that he wanted to talk to me about his U.C.L.A project and then I told him I was not interested. The suspicious part of the whole thing is that he had NO papers on him at all and it was around 12:45 in the afternoon when most people aren't home.... So needless to say it really shook me up. My first thought was ... of course this would happen when Victor isn't here.. But then my second thought was THANK YOU GOD for protecting me and for putting the idea in my head to lock the gate since it's not something I always do.
That night I will admit that although I realized God had protected me I still had fear. I had some weird dreams and then woke up with the thought that I should not fear man but the one who has control over the soul. I knew God was speaking to me and wanted me not just say He was my protector but to believe and live like He is. I know this is something that He wants for me and with His help I can start living what I've always have said I believe!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this was really encouraging. thank you!
hey thanks for sharing janelle. It's neat to see how God can use this situation not only in my life but the life of other's as well :)
Post a Comment