A few weeks ago I was filled with the feeling that I was a failure as a mother. I was looking around at all the cool things that others moms did like scrap-booking, special baking treats, creative play activities, etc. and felt like I was letting my kids down..
I was feeling this internally but not sharing with anybody. The cool thing was that God knew exactly what was in my head... as these thoughts were running through my mind, Victor came home and started telling me how much he appreciated me and what a great wife and mom I was.. I think it was awesome because I didn't even tell him what I was thinking.. Those words of encouragement did so much for me and all those feelings vanished in an instant.
Since then God has shown me that we all (mother or not) have different ways of showing our love... and my way might not look like somebody else's and that's okay. The comparison game is no good...
The only thing we need to look at and pay attention to is what our hearts look like before God and as long as we're willing to be honest, listen and obey Him, He'll do the rest and meet our needs and the needs of those around us like only He can :)
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment