So last week I was sitting in my living room watching t.v w/ the kids and I get a knock at the door from this kid that I see walking by our house nearly every day. I asked him how I could help him and he said he was selling soup for school.. My first instinct was that something was wrong.. Soup?!? What happened to candy bars?
My second thought was that maybe schools are going on a health kick and it's the new thing.. I wasn't in the mood to ask too many questions so I just asked how much he wanted.. He said a $1.50.. So I asked him to wait while I found some change around the house.. He waited very patiently.. Finally I came back to the door w/ the buck fifty.. He said thank you, reached to the very bottom of his back pack, pulled out a smashed carton of top roman, and bolted off my front porch like there was a fire... so then I knew I had been jacked.. I actually couldn't decide if I thought it was funny or not.. I know for sure it wasn't right but something about it made me snicker... Probably the fact that I bought into the idea that soup was now the new in thing to sell....
I'm sure there is some sort of lesson here... Like listen to your gut instinct and if your still not sure about something..ask more questons!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment