Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday Mornings...

Sunday mornings are great for me and difficult all at the same time. They are great because I get to interact with other believers, meet new people, and connect with old friends. They are difficult because I have to get two young kids fed, changed, dressed and out the door all by myself.. oh yeah and not to mention get myself ready and fed as well. I usually have to nurse Rachel after I drop Matthew off at his class and therefore miss half the service (well i can't attend the service but I do catch it on t.v in the nursing room). I also have to leave the service early to pick up Matthew because if I don't I usually get stopped many times to and from picking him up so much that it literally can take up to an hour for me to leave.

Sooo with that said I know many people hardly get a glimpse of me on Sunday mornings and wonder where I'm hiding.. Well, I'm not hiding , I just don't have a typical Sunday morning.. If there was a message on pastor's wives that I could preach it would be this one....

Death by Ministry - Pastor's Wives / Mark Driscoll

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Kim,
Thanks for the link to that message. It seems like the church does'nt talk about this much. Thanks for your openess...its nice to have woman in my life who understand. I wonder if there are any books at all written on this subject...I would be interested in checking them out. Well I appreciate your friendship and your sharing. love you! Katie

Kim Tostada said...

Katie,
I'm glad I have a place like this to share my thoughts. When I saw this message for the first time my first reaction was: Finally somebody gets it (other than other pastor's wives).. I've dealt with every issue that he mentioned at one time or another. I'm sure glad Mark Driscoll gave that message.

I appreciate your friendship as well and I'm glad that God put you in my life. You have been such a great encouragement to me.. Love ya right back!