I heard a funny quote recently that said "everybody thinks their opinion is right because if they didn't they would get a new one." I thought the truth behind the quote was funny.
I really like hearing people's opinion when it's just their opinion. BUT when somebody's opinion all the sudden becomes presented as fact then I have a problem with it. Let's take the easy example of music... I love to hear what music people like and why.. especially when it involves worship music... BUT I don't like it when people start to make statements like" hyms are the best way to praise God".. Now if they personalized it and said for them it's the best way,then I have no problem with that but when people apply their opinion as a fact for everybody around them then I have a Big problem with that. This has happened to me on a variety of topics not just music.. My question is why do people have a need to push their opinion on others as if it were fact??
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AMEN SISTER!! I agree. Unless you are talking about my opinion and then it is fact - of course. :)
Post a Comment