Christians are called to carry a Christ-like attitude everyday, in all that we do and say. Obviously I think this is important year round but I feel this is especially important around Christmas time because we claim the reason we celebrate this season is because of Jesus Christ's birth. In my opinion our attitudes should reflect that belief.
I believe that this season gives us a big temptation to be selfish people and to think primarily about what we can get... Hear me out.. I'm not saying it's wrong to want a Christmas gift but what I am saying is that if this season truly is about Jesus Christ then our overall attitudes should reflect that. I have personally been convicted that my heart should not be about what can I get or even burdened to find gifts for those who already have it all BUT it should be Who is in need? How can I help? Where can Christ use me? Do you see the difference? My prayer is that God would help me reflect this more, especially during a time where we are celebrating Christ and the things that made His character amazing as God of the universe. I'm convinced that Christmas and a Christ-like attitude should go hand in hand. Have a blessed Christmas.
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great post Kim...I to have felt this even more this year. Thanks for sharing.
i think you have a definite christ-like attitude this christmas :)
Post a Comment