So I just deleted my last post on women building their homes and church. Some of you may have read the article and some of you may have missed it. Basically the article was a Biblical perspective on a women's role in the home and church... it pretty much was encouraging women who have families to respect and build their husbands and love their children as a primary ministry to the home and church.. which I still agree with and is why Victor and I have made the decision for me to stay home with our kids.. What Victor kindly pointed out to me is that the article basically said in a round about way that anything else is sinning against our calling as women.. which I cannot agree with fully because I know many women who do not stay home for a variety of reasons that I can't call sin (until God shows me otherwise). I do think that if your family suffers because of another ministry that comes before them.. then YES I would agree that is not a good thing... but I can't fully agree with the content of the article and that's why I took it down.
Now this got me thinking about women pastors and that whole confusing topic.. I think it confuses me because the Bible talks about Elders and Overseers... Elders and Overseers are clearly talking about men in 1 Timothy Chpt 3.. Clearly an Elder or an Overseer cannot be a women.. So no problem there for me.. The question I have is this : Is a pastor equivalent to an Overseer?? (i think it is but I have to study it more).. because if so then women pastor's should not even have that title or place according to that chapter.. or is a pastor a complete other description that I'm missing..
I know this is another controversial topic but it's one of importance in the church and culture that we are apart of. Any thoughts?
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
kim! we just got home and found a very special gift from your family. wow!! what a blessing. thank you so much:).....seth got a job today!! yeah!!! praise God. we are so excited :)thanks again. that was so special.
Hi Kim, You don't know me, but I've been reading your blog for a while. I found you through beck (Superman&Beck). Anyway, I have a really good article on Overseers Pastors and Leaders that might help answer your question, but it's too long to leave as a comment. If you're interested, e-mail me at: mightbe (at) telus (dot) net
Post a Comment