Monday, January 14, 2008

Disappointed


About a month ago I was invited to a women's ministry event at our church where we enjoyed a yummy dessert, fellowship with other fun women, and got to hear from a very nice speaker about giving gifts from the heart. We were given a cookie recipe from this speaker as a gift to us titled the "perfect sugar cookies." I was so excited because the speaker came up with this recipe all by herself and I also have not found a good home-made sugar cookie recipe. Well today was the day I decided to make them. They were time consuming, made a big mess, and left me tired when I was done. All this would have been worth it if they were the "perfect cookies" that I was excited to get but they were far from perfect. Actually they weren't even slightly better than other sugar cookies I've tried. I'm not trying to put down that nice speaker in any way, I'm mostly just disappointed that my expectations of some awesome sugar cookies where not met :( I'm not looking forward to cleaning the mess I made either.. ugghh

6 comments:

Eric Wakeling said...

Bea has a sugar cookie recipe that I think is amazing!! Get hers.

Kim Tostada said...

sweet.. i will. thanks :)

Our Family said...

So sorry...make Bea's and give it a shot again. Im sure you can't go wrong with hers! Let us know how they turn out:)

Brooke said...

don't u just hate it when that happens!?
EVERY martha Stewart recipe is like that for me... I made some fancy "coffee/chocolate biscuit cookies for a nice dinner party once- a million ingredients and forever to make... People took one bite and ... well, suffice to say I'm still reminded by friends about the "coffee filter cookies"... oh yeah... SO HILARIOUS guys... Sheesh, I'll never live that one down!

Kim Tostada said...

i still need to ask Bea for her recipe.. I'm sure hers will be good if Eric says there good.

Kim Tostada said...

Brooke, it's funny that you mentioned you made that recipe for a fancy dinner party.. I actually made those cookies for a dinner that we were going to.. It wasn't anything fancy but the couple whose house we were going to said we could bring cookies for dessert.

I have this simple chocolate chip recipe that is so quick and always comes out good.. but I decide I want to do what I think is going to be amazing sugar cookies... soo after i tried them I told Victor we could not take those and he agreed and we ended up buying cookies at French's Bakery :) That's the other half of the story.. Anyway, I feel your pain and I'm glad I at least got a taste of those cookies before our friends did.