Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Placenta Previa

Yesterday I found out I have a mild pregnancy condition called Placenta Previa. This basically means my placenta is lower than it should be. I've heard that most of the time this problem takes care of itself as the pregnancy progresses. I will have another ultrasound in about a month to see if it does move up as it should. I thought I would take the opportunity to ask those of you who like to pray, to pray that it would move up and all would be well. I will update you on this the next time I have an ultrasound. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely pray! i had that with my daughter and it went away. are you on bed rest or anything?

Kim Tostada said...

I'm glad to hear yours went away.. that's encouraging. I have to abstain from certain activities and take it easy but I havn't been told yet that I need bed rest. Thanks for your prayers :)

ioi said...

I'll be praying too. When I was only 10wks pregnant with my second baby, I took the train from Seattle to Northern CA. My husband had to work so I went alone with our 10mo old daughter. Less than an hour after the train departed, I had so much bleeding that I thought we'd lost the baby. When I got home (2 weeks later) we went to the doc, and she found a heartbeat. I was so relieved because it was so scary thinking that we might have miscarried and it was even harder to whole heartedly believe that we might still be pregnant. It turned out I had a case of PP and there was a 3x2x2 inch bloodclot - that was bigger than the baby was then! We had five ultrasounds - about one a month - to monitor the clot - but the Lord was (is) over all, and the clot eventually dissolved and we had a very healthy baby boy that arrived ten days before his due date.

Kim Tostada said...

wow.. thanks for your prayers. It's encouraging to hear how God is faithful in each of our lives. Blessings to u and your family..