Friday, September 28, 2007
When Small issues Become Big...
Well, it's almost 3 in the morning right now and I'm not looking forward to the exhaustion I'm going to feel later today. I've had this overwhelming burden for issues that are going on not only at Calvary but in churches all around us. Let me explain. I feel like many christians are hung up on small issues in the church from (these are random examples that i've heard from different people from different churches) the color of the carpet, to the way the people upfront dress, to songs that are sung, to whatever minor thing you want to fill in the blank with... Now when people become passionate about these small issues they suddenly become Big issues. Sadly enough they are things that are for the most part opinion based and are divisive among christians. We as believers in Jesus Christ should be united and fighting for justice in our world, loving mercy, and walking humbly..But instead I see us fighting among each other, not showing much mercy, being apethetic about the true issues at hand, and walking with pride as if we know all the answers and have it all together. My prayer for myself and for my fellow followers of Christ is that we would not allow small issues to become big and that we would be united, walking humbly, loving mercy, and seeking justice for the things that concern the heart of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kim,
isn't that the truth! i think that's why that song by Casting Crowns keeps going through my head... "if we are the body".
Why are some SO hung up on these little things when we're IT- we are the body and family of Christ. There may be divisions out in the world but here is where we shuld feel that we can just be one family, together.
I wonder about that when i'm up front signing- do people look at my size or the clothes i'm wearing? i don't think about that when i'm up there... then i get off the stage and it hits me sometimes...
i try to just not think about it :op
Brooke,
I think you brought up such great points.. I think that it's such a gift not only to sing but to block out what the people sitting in front of you may be thinking. I can only imagine what type of struggle that would be and yet it shouldn't be one in a place where our focus is supposed to be on the creator and not His creation.
Kim,
You are so right. We were talking about this at church on Sunday. Almost as if people hold these thing up to par with God's word. Man made rules, like hymns only, or suit and tie. Or complain about the most unimportant things. Anyways, we need to care much more about the souls of people and less about the external things that have no eternal value.
Anyways,
Kim how are you doing? I would love to talk...when would be a good time for you to talk in the next few days?
Post a Comment