
I love being apart of Mops at our church. For those of you who are unfamiliar w/ mops this stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. Although the name sounds limited to only moms who have children preschool age the truth is there is a whole range of moms that attend mops. There are moms w/ newborns,infants, toddlers,preschoolers of course and so on... They even have mentor moms whose kids are either in their early twenties or off and married. The thing I love about mops is that everyone has something valuable to offer to it. I've never met such a group of caring women ready to step in and help at any moment. For example at Christmas time I had a party to host and the night before the party day my husband was at work, I felt sick, and my little Matthew was so sick and needy. The last thing I wanted to do was think about getting my house ready for a Christmas party. Anyway, one of the mops moms called just to see how we were doing and I happened to ask her for prayer that some how I would be able to get everything done and be given some type of miracle. Well that mom said she would pray and then called me right back a couple minutes later and asked if it was ok if she came and helped me for a little while. She took those couple of minutes just to ask her husband if he was ok watching their 3 kids by himself. He was gracious enough to let her come and she was such an awesome help to me. She arrived at my door with a beautiful smile and a bouquet of flowers just for me. Then she came inside of my house and she cleaned everything that needed cleaning. I was so relieved and felt that she was my answer to prayer. There are so many more stories like this where the women just help each other out. It's been a long time since I've been apart of such an awesome group. I'm very thankful for them and the positive influence they have had on my life.
-Mrs. Tostada-
No comments:
Post a Comment