Thursday, February 8, 2007

Valentines Day!! Blessing or Curse??


Well, Valentines day is right around the corner which means my birthday is too since my birthday happens to fall on Valentines day. When I was a little girl I loved the fact that my birthday was on Valentines day because I always got a heart cake and everybody really made a big deal about it. Now that I'm older I'm not so sure how I feel about it.. In fact before Victor was my husband he told me he hated Valentines day..that's a whole other story.. anyway I like the thought that I was born on a day that is specially set aside for people to show their affection and love for one another. But I don't like that most people I know will say Happy Valentines Day to me but they won't say Happy Birthday..

Another thing is if my husband wants to get me some flowers for my birthday he gets charged double the price because of the holiday...but on the other end if you combine the holiday/birthday I guess he could be saving money.. You see I guess it all comes down to perspective. I could go on and on about the good and bad aspects of having my Birthday on this holiday.. but I won't.. So I think I'll end here and let you decide whether you think having your birthday on Valentines day would be a blessing or a curse.

-Mrs. Toasty-

No comments: