Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Truant Parents Get Fined ???


Ok.. So Victor and i have both found some pretty ridiculous proposals for new bills. We found one about parents not being allowed to spank there child if they are under three which if you missed you can read more about on Victor's blog, we found another one that basically said that all married people need to have a kid within 3 years of marriage or that marriage would be annulled..(this is also on Victor's blog), and I just found this crazy bill proposal that a republican state lawmaker has filed. This bill basically says that parents of public school children can be fined up to $5oo dollars for missing a parent/teacher conference and not only that but they can also get charged with a misdemeanor!! Wow!!! It makes you wonder if these lawmakers just sit around and make bets about who can get the stupidest law passed...What's next?? I fear the answer to that question. `

2 comments:

Victor Estrada said...

I don't want to get fined... I'll go to the meetings!!!

Kim Tostada said...

Here's a good question.. if the teacher misses the scheduled meeting w/ the parent.. do they get fined??