Thursday, February 8, 2007

Expectations...


I was just thinking about how funny it is to be a worship pastor's wife because lots of people not only put expectations on Victor but on me as well. When I meet people for the first time and they find out that I'm Victor's wife I usually have conversations that go like this.. Oh your Victor's wife.. so do you sing too?? No?? Do you play an instrument?? No?? I have a few answers that I like to give every now and then like oh yes I sing with the congregation or yeah I sing in the shower.. I can play chop sticks (i actually havn't said that one yet but i'm sure the opportunity will arise)..It's funny cause i guess if I'm married to such a talented guy I guess people assume I should be talented too..

I think in general the people I have these conversations w/ are good willed and just havn't thought enough about how they would feel if they were in my shoes and people suddenly expected them to be out of the norm.

-Mrs. Toasty-

1 comment:

beck said...

And you *are* talented. They just don't have the imagination to realize that the best teams usually aren't gifted in exactly the same areas. I like the witty comebacks. =)